– 1994, PhD in Analytical pharmaceutical Chemistry, Uppsala University.
– 1996 – 2011, Sr. Scientist & Principal Scientist at AstraZeneca R&D, Södertälje, Sweden.
– 1999, Associate Professor in Analytical Chemistry, Karlstad University.
– 2003 – 2011 Professor in Analytical Chemistry, Karlstad University.
– 2008, Visiting Professor at the National Research Centre of Egypt.
– 2011, Professor in Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University.
– Top Cited, 2002-2007, J. Chromatogr. B. (Publisher: Elsevier).
– Top Cited, 2007-2009, J. Liquid Chromatogr. & Rel. Tech. (Publisher: Taylor & Francis).
– Top Cited, 2010-2015, J. Chromatogr. A. (Publisher: Elsevier).
Member of editorial boards of International Journals
– Editor-in-chief, Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry
– Regional Editor, Current Chromatography
– Associate Editor, Springer Science Reviews
– Editorial Board, Biomedical Chromatography
– Editorial Board, J. Analytical Methods in Chemistry
– Editorial Board, International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
– Editorial Board, The Open Spectroscopy Journal
– Editorial Board, The Open Chem. & Biomed. Methods Journal
– Editorial Board, J. Analytical & Molecular Techniques
– Editorial Board, GSTF Journal of Chemical Sciences (JChem)
– The main focus of research is to invent a highly automated and integrated instrumentation for the isolation of drugs and metabolites from biological matrices and the subsequent separation, identification and determination of these analytes.
– Invent of new sample-preparation techniques including microextraction by packed sorbent (MEPS) and packed 96-Tip robotic device for high throughput bioanalysis.
– Screening and detection of biomarkers in CNS and Oncology diseases for diagnostic purposes.
– Development of new monoliths and molecular imprinted polymers for LC and SPE use.
– Chiral separation of drugs.
– Drug Research
– Sampling and Sample Preparation for Biological Samples
– Mass Spectrometry
– Liquid and Gas Chromatography
Latest scientific papers
Online post-column solvent assisted and direct solvent-assisted electrospray ionization for chiral analysis of propranolol enantiomers in plasma samples
Application of graphitic sorbent for online microextraction of drugs in human plasma samples
Microextraction by packed sorbent (MEPS)
Graphite-based microextraction by packed sorbent for online extraction of β-blockers from human plasma samples
A new strategy for surface modification of polysulfone membrane by in situ imprinted sol-gel method for the selective separation and screening of L-Tyrosine as a lung cancer biomarker