– 1994, PhD in Analytical pharmaceutical Chemistry, Uppsala University.
– 1996 – 2011, Sr. Scientist & Principal Scientist at AstraZeneca R&D, Södertälje, Sweden.
– 1999, Associate Professor in Analytical Chemistry, Karlstad University.
– 2003 – 2011 Professor in Analytical Chemistry, Karlstad University.
– 2008, Visiting Professor at the National Research Centre of Egypt.
– 2011, Professor in Analytical Chemistry, Stockholm University.
– Top Cited, 2002-2007, J. Chromatogr. B. (Publisher: Elsevier).
– Top Cited, 2007-2009, J. Liquid Chromatogr. & Rel. Tech. (Publisher: Taylor & Francis).
– Top Cited, 2010-2015, J. Chromatogr. A. (Publisher: Elsevier).
Member of editorial boards of International Journals
– Editor-in-chief, Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry
– Regional Editor, Current Chromatography
– Associate Editor, Springer Science Reviews
– Editorial Board, Biomedical Chromatography
– Editorial Board, J. Analytical Methods in Chemistry
– Editorial Board, International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
– Editorial Board, The Open Spectroscopy Journal
– Editorial Board, The Open Chem. & Biomed. Methods Journal
– Editorial Board, J. Analytical & Molecular Techniques
– Editorial Board, GSTF Journal of Chemical Sciences (JChem)
– The main focus of research is to invent a highly automated and integrated instrumentation for the isolation of drugs and metabolites from biological matrices and the subsequent separation, identification and determination of these analytes.
– Invent of new sample-preparation techniques including microextraction by packed sorbent (MEPS) and packed 96-Tip robotic device for high throughput bioanalysis.
– Screening and detection of biomarkers in CNS and Oncology diseases for diagnostic purposes.
– Development of new monoliths and molecular imprinted polymers for LC and SPE use.
– Chiral separation of drugs.
– Drug Research
– Sampling and Sample Preparation for Biological Samples
– Mass Spectrometry
– Liquid and Gas Chromatography
Latest scientific papers
Online post-column solvent assisted and direct solvent-assisted electrospray ionization for chiral analysis of propranolol enantiomers in plasma samples
Application of graphitic sorbent for online microextraction of drugs in human plasma samples
Graphite-based microextraction by packed sorbent for online extraction of β-blockers from human plasma samples
Microextraction by packed sorbent (MEPS)
A new strategy for surface modification of polysulfone membrane by in situ imprinted sol-gel method for the selective separation and screening of L-Tyrosine as a lung cancer biomarker