• Integrating responses across levels of biological organization;
• Biological mechanisms of stress and ecosystem consequences;
• Ecophysiology and genetics of growth in aquatic organisms;
• Role of oxidative stress in life-history trade-offs;
• Ecological stoichiometry and biogeochemistry of essential nutrients;
• Food web ecology and trophic interactions;
• Ecology of Baltic Sea zooplankton and long-term plankton dynamics (responsible for Swedish national monitoring of zooplankton, chairlady of Zooplankton Expert Network/Helcom Monas);
• Plankton-based indicators of ecological status.
Latest scientific papers
Passive dosing of triclosan in multi-generation tests with copepods – stable exposure concentrations and effects at the low µg L-1 range
Bacteria-Mediated Effects of Antibiotics on Daphnia Nutrition
Nitrogen fixed by cyanobacteria is utilized by deposit-feeders.
The effects of short-term pH decrease on the reproductive output of the copepod Acartia bifilosa – a laboratory study
Feeding of the Arctic ctenophore Mertensia ovum in the Baltic Sea: evidence of the use of microbial prey